Tuesday 28 April 2009

Windows XP - Copy & Paste Not Working

I came across a rather odd and obscure problem today. Using Windows XP on a new PC I was suddenly unable to copy & paste data between applications either using mouse or keyboard shortcuts of CTRL-C and CTRL-V which was very frustrating!

Nothing seemed to be any different and a few searches on Google didn't throw up any info until one link that appeared to link the problem to Remote Desktop. I use this software to connect to other machines on my network including my server. For some reason Remote Desktop (rdp) appears to have taken over the Copy/Paste function and prevents other applications using it.

The solution was to close Remote Desktop COnnection (RDP) which restored Copy & Paste back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment